#FeedYourFuture aims to attract new candidates to fill labour gaps in the agri-food industry, and streamline the process of connecting employers with potential employees during COVID-19 and beyond.
The project includes a free job matching concierge service, nine virtual career fairs, a series of ten webinars, and specialized training opportunities.
Alongside many other collaborative partners, the project will help support employers from field to fork to fill labour shortages and encourage job seekers across the province to consider a career in agriculture and food.
Below are dates and locations for the Virtual Career Fairs, which will be offered for free to both employers and job seekers:
- June 18 at 2-5pm – Middlesex/London & Surrounding Areas
- June 23 at 2-5pm – Brant/Haldimand/Norfolk/Niagara/Hamilton & Surrounding Areas
- June 25 at 2-5pm – Quinte/Hastings/Belleville/Prince Edward & Surrounding Areas
- June 30 at 2-5pm – Renfrew/Lanark/Ottawa & Surrounding Areas
- July 8 at 10am-1pm – Province-Wide
- August 25 at 10am-1pm – Province-Wide
- August 27 at 2-5pm –Northern Ontario
- September 15 at 2-5pm – Western Ontario
- September 17 at 2-5pm – Eastern Ontario
- June 22 at 10am – Crafting Effective Job Descriptions: Targeting Your Ideal Candidate
- June 29 at 10am – Rules and Regulations: Navigating Employer Regulations and Requirements
For Job Seekers:
- June 16 at 10am – Agri-Food 101- Exploring your Career Options
- June 29 at 2pm – Landing a Job in Agri-Food: Tips and Unique Job Opportunities
For a full list of webinars, click here.
Job Matching Concierge
As part of the project, AgCareers.com and CareersInFood.com are offering a concierge service to assist employers with writing job descriptions, setting up online accounts, posting jobs, and managing applications. They are also offering free job postings for production and support roles using the code: AgriFoodONT20
If you’re interested, the toolkits below contain important information about the project and how to register for the upcoming events:
Employer Toolkit: https://www.careersinfood.com/feed-your-future/employer-toolkit
Job Seeker Toolkit: https://www.careersinfood.com/feed-your-future/job-seeker-toolkit
For more information, be sure to visit ofa.on.ca/FeedingYourFuture.
If you have any questions, reach out to email@example.com.