Food Entrepreneurs: Building Ontario Innovation One Product at a Time, is a 2-day conference coming to Barrie on March 3rd & 4th, presented by Georgian College, in partnership with the Agri-food Management Institute (AMI), local municipalities and economic development partners, the County of Simcoe, and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
The two-day event will include panel discussions by successful food entrepreneurs and industry experts on topics such as innovation, human resource management, food safety culture, overseeing and executing strategy, product idea viability, collaborating for growth, and more:
– Pre-conference workshops that introduce new entrants or newly established businesses to food safety regulations and food nutrition labelling
– Made in Ontario Showcase where successful entrepreneurs share the stories of how they developed their businesses, display their products and provide products for sample and sale.
– Input supply companies and a “business development alley” with supporting organizations such as Community Futures, AMI and Georgian who work to help businesses increase their competitiveness
– Concurrent breakout sessions tailored to two streams of learning: Established and newly established businesses
– Plenary session will speak to innovation and the future of food
– Pitch sessions for entrepreneurs looking for tips on pitching a new product or business to possible investors, buyers, distributors and/or partners
– Connection café: Participants can get the most out of their conference experience by joining in on a facilitated networking session to network and look for input from their peers on burning issues impacting their operations or business planning
For more information, visit www.georgiancollege.ca/food-entrepreneurship, email email@example.com, or call 705.728.1968, ext. 1774. Interested in being an exhibitor? You can download the showcase exhibitor expression of interest document here.
To register, please visit: www.georgiancollege.ca/feon